TehTarikMemoirs.com Turns 1! (and I'm giving away RM150 for it!)


This is it people, after much hard work, patience and a really long time trying to gather as much things to write, this blog finally reaches its first year anniversary!!! Its been a long and winding journey for this blog to reach where it is right now and quite frankly, it is all and always have been to the support of so many around to actually reach this landmark for this site.

[yup, its been that long of a wait...]

Obviously for any anniversary post, what most people would do is to either two things, tell the story on how it all got to this point or credit those who made it happen... I don't see the reason why I can't do both! :D

What started out as a humble blog that was a medium for me to rant about the most nonsensical things that I can come up with on a daily basis has now turned into a platform for me to further showcase what I can do with my writing. Quite honestly, my main intention was to let out as many random things that I can come up with, which in some way bored the living daylights out of so many people in my daily life. Things that I would not even imagine people would be interested to read, let alone share their comments on the post. I figured that if I were to write every random thoughts that I had, at least it would have done me a favor by getting people to READ the stuff that I think about and not waste much time repeating the same story over and over again.

[My escapades for the year!]

Then, the interest grew and from there on, I started to meet new people, attended functions that I never heard of before and lo behold, I get to where I am right now, surrounded by so many support from people that I either know well or even those I don't even know!

A person once told me that the height of greatness is only achieved because of those who pushed you up in the first place. For me, it was no different and it would only be right for me to thank the right people for it.



My biggest support from the very beginning has always been my troop, TeamTehTarik as well as other friends of the group that has been super supportive with everything that I do here in this blog. Quite honestly there were times the things that I asked them to do can get very demanding and yet the group has always been there since day one. What more can a man ask for?

Would it be "sucking up to the man" by thanking Nuffnang for everything they have done for me? Doesn't concern me even if people would think so because for a fact, so many opportunities, exposure as well as other things that the community has provided for me and I am thankful. For the past one year, so many things has happened with Nuff and if it wasn't for them, I am confident that I would not have gotten this far in blogging. Plus, the number of people that I have met through the community has been fantastic and hopefully, this association between TehTarikMemoirs and Nuffnang remains the same for many years to come. I am proud to say that I have the privilege to be part of the Nuffnang community and will continue on supporting the community all I can.

[The Friendly people of Innit!]

Evidently with Nuffnang, their portal Innit gave me the opportunity to meet so many people online and each and everyone of them has been nothing but nice and supportive to what I do here and believe me, I am thankful for each and every one of them. For those who spend countless nights chitchatting with me online, either in the past or present, as well as those who have been loyally supporting me with the "nang" request over the year, I am truly thankful for all of that.

And finally for all you readers out there, who have constantly came around, dropped by and made an effort to read the nonsense that I write, I would truly say that I could not have reached this mark without you people. The amount of support that has been given by you people have been more than I have ever imagined and honestly words are in no place to express my gratitude for your support.

So what can we see more from this blog in the future? I can assure more wackier adventures and stories waiting to be told out there will be covered, so long there are stories to tell. Let's see what year 2 can bring me with...

Now comes the fun part...

[tempting, no?]

As a token of my appreciation also after much discussion with fellow members of TeamTehTarik, I'm going to do something that I have never done before in my blog and it will get interesting. I'm giving: 

RM150 VOUCHER OF ANY SHOP OF YOUR CHOICE INSTANTLY!

to any reader out there that has been supporting my blog. All you got to do is 2 simple things:

1. Make sure that you either follow my blog or have my link on your site (whichever or both is fine).
2. WRITE A POST, AS CREATIVELY AS POSSIBLE ON YOUR FAVORITE TEHTARIKMEMOIRS  POST THAT YOU HAVE READ SO FAR!

Once done, leave a comment on this post, together with the permalink as well as your Blogger screen name (if applicable). Once that is done, the judging will be done by several members of TEAMTEHTARIK on the best post. Each of the TeamTehTarik members will feature who the think is their favorite post on their blog and finally, the winning post will be featured by me in a specific post by ME!

You guys have til the 17TH JANUARY 2011 for this competition, by which I will announce the winner one week after the comp!

Get your thinking hats going people! Lets see how this turns out! :D

Nang this post guys!
Follow the TehTarik way!

39 comments:

  1. Great write up bro. The great thing is you are giving back to the people! :) All the best to those participating in your contest. :)

    Also Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you bro and of course to the rest of your readers be they nuffnangers, inniters or random strangers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. :O

    RM150. :D

    http://www.snowflakes-88.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats! thought all the while you were a veteran in the scene ler. happy anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I waaannttt moooonneeeyy! But don't know what to write. TT

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahh..you got the chance to met so many bloggers

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! u must be so popular! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmmm..not RM1,500.00 meh..wakakaka..tengah carik idea dulu..pekena tehtarik dulu..huhu

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO YOUR SITE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you're such a successful blogger! I don't even reach this height after blogging for 1 year -_-" anyway, congrats and hope to see more interesting post from you :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOOOOOOoooooooo!! RM150. WOOOTTTTS! ":)

    ReplyDelete
  11. hello,

    good job for making it through the year, congratulation =)!!!

    have a good 2011!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. all the best to whoever participating :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow...that's alot of money, I want I want.

    ReplyDelete
  14. walaweih....syokla rm150....so tempting

    ReplyDelete
  15. Actually, it's my first time visit here..
    Maybe not eligible to participate..hoho.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. thanks so much! hopefully we can get to see a high participation for the competition!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i know :D wink wink

    ReplyDelete
  18. nah mate still a noobie! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. write about anything! give it a shot, who know? :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. yeah, so thankful for the oppotunity!

    ReplyDelete
  21. nah, there are others still more popular than me

    ReplyDelete
  22. haha ok ok pikir jgn tak pikir!

    ReplyDelete
  23. thanks so much for your ever support. of course I still have yet to reach your height of popularity but looking forward to seeing your posts as well!

    ReplyDelete
  24. no no, you cannot! =.='

    ReplyDelete
  25. cheers buddy, for all the support!

    ReplyDelete
  26. let see how the turn out is going to be! :D

    ReplyDelete
  27. give it a shot! :D

    ReplyDelete
  28. haha try it out! who knows?

    ReplyDelete
  29. well, as long as you read my post, YOU'RE ELIGIBLE! give it a shot! :D

    ReplyDelete
  30. whoa u r so talented! u know how to play almost all basic music instruments? that's awesome! and now u want to learn mandarin, omg wat is ur brain capacity?

    ReplyDelete
  31. sry was meant to reply to ur latest post but then i dunno what i clicked and ended up here lol

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi.

    I've came out with some decent writing to participate in this give-away. Hope you wouldn't mind sparing some time reading it. HAHAHA. And please, don't laugh. Been a silent reader of your blog since you're featured in Nuffnang :) This might be my 1st comment. LOL

    http://www.nurfaizshaidan.com/2011/01/chasing-rm150-from-teh-tarik-memoirs.html

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  33. first time singgah sini...is it possible to write in malay? malu plak bila baca entry teh tarik ni full in english...DeQdEq x pandai sgt nak menulis dlm english

    ReplyDelete
  34. boleh! as long as boleh baca mmg boleh tulis dalam melayu! :D

    ReplyDelete