"I Will Never Be Famous, Because I'm Too Nice"






This is actually the first time that I am updating my blog in my office but it seems to be the only time that I can actually take some time to update this thing.


Recently I've been hit fuming mad, not because of something wrong that was said to me but rather an argument in which some of the points made I can't figure out a way to counter back. Deep down inside me is that I know is wrong but I can't argue my way around it.

Had a conversation with an acquittance of mine, who happens to know about me blogging and have always had the dream to make it big some day. However one of the things said to me was simple:

"You'll never be famous because you're too nice. You make yourself seen too accessible to public, too average among the public"


Somehow I can't seem to wrap the idea on how to argue because on some point, he might be right. Fact of the matter is that so many people out there make it big and famous from being snobbish and arrogant, and in some point believe that that may be the only way to actually get the "desired effect" from their fans or readers. In the end of the day, it is only human nature to want something that they can't have.

But is this the only way for a person to really be known and famous? Honestly I REFUSE TO CHANGE the fact that I take the effort to meet the people that actually read my blog and I actually do take the effort to make the time to meet those that appreciates my writing and work. In the end of the day, I honestly believe that this is the PROPER way of being known out there.

But with the realistic view of people out there, am I too naive to think that the "proper" way of being known is through that? Hope to see what you guys think...

Nang this post if you like it guys! Thanks!
Follow the TehTarik way! 

12 comments:

  1. SAME GANG! lols, I choose to be nice, to be wholesome. I don't think the whole being rude arrogant or crass suits me. That is who I am. Yeah nice guys seldom get the attention I guess but I don't thrive in being controversial. My skin is too thin for that. If someday I do become famous I want to be for the right reasons but for others any reason will do as long as the spot light is on them. Their choice. So my nice brother, stand tall and stand strong and be nice =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. quite the contrary, I think nice bloggers get famous in a good way. and the bitchy ones, in a notorious manner. So, whatever dude.

    You're doing a great job. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. uh, nice guys finish last? i'd prefer people with a sense of humor than snobbish. but somehow when sense of humor is paired with evil, they become twice as interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being nice is good! Much more approachable and friendly :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww dude, don't take it too hardly. Words are cheap, and people throw it around all the time.
    Just be confident with your blogging style and personality, and success has its way of finding you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is somehow the truth. hmm

    ReplyDelete
  7. very kind words madam glow! I suppose that is the reason why I got a little upset when that was said to me, on the grounds that it challenges what we all know is right from the very beginning with unfortunate reality.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks. its been a while seeing your comment here

    ReplyDelete
  9. very interesting take. will take that in mind

    ReplyDelete
  10. thats what I thought right?

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks man. you do have a point there. whats the point of getting all worked up over what a person say right?

    ReplyDelete