What Kind of Blogger Are You?



Surprisingly enough, the idea for me to write this post came about when I couldn't sleep because of a major back pain. Don't ask how I got it...

Earlier this month, there has been a discussion on what exactly would you narrow down your blogging style to people. Even though that in general, most people would claim that their blog should fall under the category of "Personal Blogs" but quite frankly, time has made this category way too general, to the point that most people would not be able to differentiate what are the criteria that a blog should have.

So, in the end of thday, how would you catagorise your own blogs? Perhaps that most of us would not take the time to actually catagorise ourselves but it does, to some extent, reflect on how do you actually think and write in your blogs.

Fashion Bloggers

[ Examples of known Fashion Bloggers in town ]

First up we have what seem to be the popular choice of reading among the female bloggers around, for the obvious reasons I presume. Basic criteria for these blogs, you talk about the latest trends and fashions, portray enough knowledge with the clothes that you fancy and as a bonus criteria for this, look good in the clothes that you feature in your blog.

Call it a male ego in the talks, I suppose that I am not really a huge fan of fashion bloggers as I would presume I will either get arrested or hit on by people of a "specific" preference if I was to go around wearing the clothes that they feature in their blogs.


Food Bloggers

 [ Food Galore Bloggers! ]

 As much as one would not want to admit it, food has become so essential in our Malaysian lifestyle that we all go around to look for the best place to eat our favourite food. Dubbed as the "GPS of Food", bloggers under this catagory work their writing based on reviewing food around the coutnry, making it easier for the rest of us to actually choose for a place to eat WITHOUT  actually going to the place first.

Travel Bloggers

[ Globetrekkers! ]

Perhaps not many would actually blog about travel as much as one would think but it is still a very interesting read nevertheless. I remembered that my dad once said, through reading one would be able to travel around the world without even leaving the room. I guess he would have never guessed that travel bloggers would exist when he said that to me when I was 9...

Surprisingly though, not many of bloggers from this breed exist, especially among Malaysians. I guess that the cost of doing so might be a little unreasonable but than again, how much would you really spend for your passion?

Photo Bloggers


 




[ Famous Shutterbugs ]


A growing trend in the country as I wrote in my previous post, that the number of people owning DSLR cameras are growing rapidly before our eyes, which means a large emergence of photobloggers in town. Although they don't really have much writing on their blogs, they do have pretty pictures to compensate... :D

Entertainment Bloggers



[ The Socialites of Blog ]


Perhaps an equally popular trend in comparison to fashion bloggers, these bloggers could even reach to the level of blogging royalty in their own realm. Most of the materials that they write about are really enjoyable to read which spells out their large following.


Perhaps that there might be a longer list than the one that I compiled here but in the end, it is human nature for us to either categorize ourselves or even categorize others especially when it comes to blogging. I had this idea thrown at me at one point that between male and female bloggers, we would always have to fall under the same category in order for us to be famous. Girls would always have to stick under fashion and beautiful looking bloggers while the men would always have to stick to entertaining and funny blogs to generate the interest of their readers.

Is This True?


Nang if you like this post guys! Thanks!

33 comments:

  1. Can I come out with a new category? The trash blogger! Expert in talking cock! XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think the personal blog type exists because most of the time, many people write about many things in their life. for me, i usually jump from politics to random talk to food to place reviews depending on i encounter in life. if i were to concentrate on one topic only, i think my blog will be updated once every year

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dropping by ere Tehtarik bro. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. imma chapalang blogger who blog for anything. XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dunno which category is suitable for my blog =/

    ReplyDelete
  6. good post!! totally agree with the categories!

    ReplyDelete
  7. quite true tat we guys tend to work harder to come out with ideas to entertain the readers, since cam-whoring for us is just wrong. Guess i fall into the entertainment category :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. if i relate myself to the categories you listed up there, i cant park myself at any of those..
    haha.. mine ar.. erm.. noob blogger?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a rojak blogger
    everything inside sampai tak buleh nak categorize =P

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't even know I'm in which category. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I guess, if you don't have a theme, it would be a general blog, or if it used to expressed your deepest feelings, an open journal perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha this is because most of the female bloggers have the "physical" which guys are looking for and for male bloggers, who is not good looking enough in term of face/body physics, they need to be funny or show other expertise to attract people.

    That's what I feel.

    ReplyDelete
  13. and there's another one an emo blogger..well you might get to see some emo post as well..hehe
    And yea, I'm a travel blogger..well it's expensive to do this job but I'm always saving money for travelling abroad...save tonnes and no loans...and you will be able to travel unless you're earning a lot of out of Malaysia..that's what I'm planning to do in the future..

    ReplyDelete
  14. and there's another one an emo blogger..well you might get to see some emo post as well..hehe
    And yea, I'm a travel blogger..well it's expensive to do this job but I'm always saving money for travelling abroad...save tonnes and no loans...and you will be able to travel unless you're earning a lot of out of Malaysia..that's what I'm planning to do in the future..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Guess what? I wrote this as my report-research assignment months ago!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL~i think im none above~^^
    nanged~~~

    ReplyDelete
  17. i'm a fashion blogger in the making! LOL! dont worry I wouldn't arrest you or 'hit' on you! but do come and give your support! Who knows you might love fashion now!

    ReplyDelete
  18. nice post. i'm a rojak blog who blog for anything.

    ReplyDelete
  19. so.true. haha!! i wanna be pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Quite true to a certain extent..If girls are pretty looking, it'll naturally draw more traffic. I mean who doesn't like to look at pretty people right?

    ReplyDelete
  21. haha then i join your category la jr!

    ReplyDelete
  22. indeed. i suppose that it's up to the people who reads them that actually categorizes the bloggers themselves, rather than their own.

    ReplyDelete
  23. entertainment it is! I've always found yours entertaining so justified right there!

    ReplyDelete
  24. like we all gonna believe you as noob blogger brother! haha

    ReplyDelete
  25. hear hear! i like your take on it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. we all do!

    ReplyDelete
  27. checked out your blog. real interesting fashion post. too bad my fashion sense is too bad to compare to yours! :D

    ReplyDelete
  28. haha awesome coincidence!

    ReplyDelete
  29. quite true, perhaps that I am trying to see if there is any possibilities of us breaking the usual stereotypes.

    ReplyDelete
  30. we need more travel bloggers to be honest with you so good luck with that! :D

    ReplyDelete
  31. chapalang hahahah!

    ReplyDelete