My Take on the IPad in Malaysia



We've all heard about the elusive IPad and wondered how exactly does the thing run. I would have to admit that my curiosity for the gadget does get the very best of me. For those who follows my blog, you would realize my slight hatred for any Apple products simply because that I could not find any interest on their product as how others would perceive it as. For me, I figured that whatever an Apple product can do, others would surely do it better.

[ Enter the IPad! ]

Now we have the latest addition to the list of Apple gadgets and I have to admit that the very design of the item has already got it going. Therefore, instead of copy and pasting other people's take the product, I believe that it is best for met to actually write on my take for the IPad.

[ Sdr. "Stormy" Reza with his new toy! ]

I would love to say that I found the IPad because someone left the gizmo by accident in a bar (hint hint on the story line) by actually I was given the chance to see the gadget up close and personal courtesy of TeamTehTarik's very own "tech guru" member, Sdr. "Stormy" Reza's new addition to his already vast number of stuff. 

 [ I cringe at the power of the IPad! ]

The most asked about question would of course be the difference between this and an IPhone or even an ITouch. Quite frankly from the first appearance of the gadget, it does look nothing more than an over sized IPhone that cannot make phone calls (exact words I said to "Stormy" Reza, which he responded with a deadly stare...).

However it does boast  a number of functions and features that is lacking with your everyday laptop. First of would be functionality of the gadget itself. Boasting immediate response your bidding, in which that you don't have to wait for the window to load up or even the programs or applications to load up, it does save a lot of time at the point when you want to show your friends something on the computer or even use it for a presentation.

 [ Similar Functionality as an IPhone, only bigger and better! ]

Imagine having a tablet PC that responds as fast as your regular IPhone 3GS, which is a definite plus for anyone on the go. Apart from that, the IPad also boast a more sophisticated interface than the regular IPhone.  Not only can it run the regular programs and applications from your day to day IPhone, it also has other applications that requires bigger space and better capability, which the IPad provides. Quick response on the touch screen, fast browsing for the net, as well as crystal clear picture viewing which also is a plus on my site as well.

Problems

Of course there are some negative points for the gadget. The most apparent one would be the fact that it is not USB friendly, in which you would have to attach a USB port in order for you to function a normal USB flashdrive (or PC sticky thing, for those of you who are not really tech savvy...)

Secondly would be the non-compliances with Flash programs while browsing. This would mean that one would not be able to refresh their daily "Farmville" needs while surfing Facebook or feeding their pets in Pet Society on a mobile basis with the IPad.

Finally, would be the availability and price for an IPad in the country. As explained by "Stormy" Reza, the price of an IPad here in this country are far more expensive in comparison to our "friendly" neighbors down the south of the border. For some reason I cannot understand, one would be looking to fork out around RM2600 for a 32GB model of an IPad in this country.


Therefore, would I get one of these babies? Very much intrigued to do so... Perhaps I would break my curse on Apple products and finally update MOATD via IPad?

Functions and feedback are all courtesy of Sdr. "Stormy" Reza who also features his thoughts on the gadget. Do check it out people!


P/S: I've fixed my subscription button for my RSS feed. Do subscribe on my RSS for your regular dosage of Teh Tarik Memoirs! :D


Nang if you like this post guys! Thanks! 

17 comments:

  1. if i get the IPad I would have to get a bigger handbag to carry it around. LOL. Nice post though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. deiiii...basar juga ne...hhehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. ive tried my friend's ipad and its look very fantastic...
    i think its good to replace with your lappy, but not good to replace your iphone, bigger woo.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha never could understand ipad. it's just a bigger version of iphone

    ReplyDelete
  5. bro shud try contest on ipad daa... checkout https://www.vshub.com/hotpicks/?p=1025

    ReplyDelete
  6. too hi-tech 4 me :P I prefer something which is more portable

    ReplyDelete
  7. they have handbags for it if i am not mistaken! all the more reasons for you to shop for a new bag right? :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. tiada la... kecil sikit dari gambar...

    ReplyDelete
  9. not the iphone, that is for sure but it is such a laptop killer, it being more mobile than an ordinary laptop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. :D its still expensive here in malaysia...

    ReplyDelete
  11. with a lot more cool apps! haha! then again what do u expect from Apple right?

    ReplyDelete
  12. will do! thanks for the info bro! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. then come and join the blackberry clan! [insert evil grin here]

    ReplyDelete
  14. nice Ipad , but no money :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. yup..seriously.. u shud soo alice in wonderland, of iPad version!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gew68Qj5kxw COOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. actualy, they have casing.. u can bring ipad, like bringing a note pad. AND.. can actually find a matching shoes that goes with the casing! LOL..

    ReplyDelete