Physical Attraction - To The Eyes of Guys






Boredom took over my head, as I struggle to learn ways of how to put criminals into jail in the fastest way possible (studying law, not trying to be Batman). Through that, I tried to relax myself through blogwalking, in which I stumbled upon Cheesie's latest post on how looks can be more important to a person when dealing with a relationship that one would want to admit.

I have to admit that most of the time, her posts would not be relevant to me (as tempting as it is for you guys to actually see me in town with a summer dress, I believe doing so would only be an invitation for me to get kicked in the crotch by my fellow friends) however her latest post I find quite intriguing, simply for one reason.

She's right.

I posted a blog earlier this year that touched a lot on the reality of the dating scene (read here) and the very fact that most of us would not want to admit that, either secretly or blatantly, that we all would want our partners to look great and that we all do take physical attraction a bit more than one would want to admit.


Perhaps its the dream or perhaps its preference, in the end of the day most guys out there would take physical aspect as one of the most important criteria when choosing their partners and quite frankly, its the same reason as to why girls would do it. To my theory, girls would want a man that looks good for the reason that they would want a man that takes the same amount of time and effort to look good as how they would to themselves.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I started out as a kid with many physical disadvantages. The very fact that I was a nerdy, glasses wearing, side parting hair sporting, "above-the-heels" pants wearing geek was in no way getting me any much attention as I wanted. Trust me when I say this, I did not look good when I was younger...

The problem was, that as much as I would want to hate how people judge me based on my looks, it did nothing to improve my appearance or even my physical attractiveness to the other gender. Fact of the matter is that if I didn't make the effort to improve, change and do whatever it takes to be that much pleasing to the eye, no one was going to do it for me.

In the same time, I had my standards of the kind of girls that I wanted to date and I truly believe for me to reach such expectation, I needed to get to that level first before even thinking of dating someone like the person that I am dating now. I realized that telling girls my warlock skills and level on World of Warcraft was not going to cut the deal with the opposite sex.

[ Nobody wants this... ]

For one though, I wonder why would people be upset to those who actually choose their preference based on the physical aspect, quite frankly that every person in the world, despite them admitting or not, would want to make themselves look that much better and would want the attention of a person who looks that much better. Set aside the long term issue within the relationship, in the end of the day most of us would only have one shot of first impression in order to make an impact in the mind of the opposite sex.


Real based opinions on Cheesie's post, she's going on my subscribers list from now on. :D

Nang this post if you like it! Thanks!

20 comments:

  1. so true! thanks for the nang, returning the favour =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree with u man~ I think i;m the background person type lol :D

    Great post ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool , we blogged about the same topic! Hi-5 right back^^ Wait, what were you doing at Cheesie's?! lols...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes, love is blind. But those are rare cases. Hahah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Walaoeh, the last picture is damn mean! Lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice post!! Well written and honest. :)
    I was a total nerd while in school though...typical 'hair tied back,pinned up,spectacles-wearing and pimples' and always convinced myself I don't care what people think bout me. xD

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my! tis is such a frank entry n i like it! nanged! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahaha nice pictures there XD

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are totally right man.
    P.S: I used to be the nerdy person you spoke of when you were younger with my braces, spects and all. xD For now, the spects will just remain at home :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha the first pic sure is funny. i just had to put it in! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. don't ask... hahah!

    ReplyDelete
  12. yeah i got knocked in the head by my gf for posting that up. totally worth it hahah!

    ReplyDelete
  13. very true. proof would be at KLCC park area. lots of them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. trust me i was in that phase. two shirts on at least at all times, I thought I was Justin Timberlake himself!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  16. i know how it feels. If I was to post my old pictures up here, you would think I'm lying about my identity.

    ReplyDelete
  17. not a problem! :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. thanks brother!

    ReplyDelete
  19. thank you! :D

    ReplyDelete